Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Swim Team Mom

From competitive swimming poolImage via Wikipedia
[Ahhhh....finally a chance to sit and relax.  My body is tired but my mind is racing.  First topic of many swimming- ha!  sorry, couldn't resist! thru my head.]

I am so proud of my newest hat & title---Swim Team Mom!

Spent 8 hours today just sitting on my bottom in a very uncomfortable lawn chair in a very crowded gym at a very nice YMCA facility an hour away from home for a VERY good reason---to support my daughter at her 3rd ever swim team meet!  She did a fabulous job, I was so proud of her.  She has adapted well to the physical demands of competitive swimming and the emotional & mental demands, too.  I think my nerves run higher than hers on meet days.  Which is better & I'd rather have it that way.  But MAN!  my stomach was turning, my heart was racing, my head was spinning during those seconds & brief moments that she's in the water.  She comes out beaming every time, you can just tell that she has tried her best, no matter what place she comes in.  And to her, that is winning, yeah!  I'm so proud of her already just for even trying this new experience.  Go Kel!

Even though we had a great swim day, I am still wiped out.  Left the house at 7am, walked back in the door at 5pm.  Ahhh...this couch feels so good.  Glad I got lots of laundry and school work done yesterday because today I accomplished a whole lot of nothing.  Wait, no I did accomplish cheering on my daughter, visiting & laughing with a new swim team mom-friend, and having a front row seat to Kelly's latest interest & accomplishment.  All in all, a great day spent with my girl.  I love you lots, Kelly, & am so proud of you!! :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: