Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fear & Security

One Hundred and Sixty-Two - TrustImage by Shattered Infinity via Flickr
"She (he) will have no fear of bad news; her heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.  Her heart is secure, she will have no fear; in the end she will look in triumph on her foes."   Psalms 112:7-8

These verses have been running thru my mind a lot lately.  Fear is a big obstacle for me...in letting go, going "all in", relaxing, releasing, being content.  Fear of the unknown, fear of the future, fear of loss, fear of bad news.  But really what AM I afraid?  Maybe just the fear of fear. 

Fear is a really strange thing.  You can't see it, touch it, or hear it.  But if given the power, fear can stop you dead in your tracks, inhibit decision making, or just make you second guess yourself.  It can mess with your mind, rob you of sleep.

I don't want to live that way any longer.  I am done with it.  That's why I love the promises of these verses. 

  • She will have NO fear of bad news
  • She will have NO fear (PERIOD)
  • Her heart is STEADFAST, TRUSTING in the Lord
  • Her heart is SECURE
Praying these verses over me and you today.  May we be steadfast women with secure hearts, trusting in the Lord!!  :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! A thought that has been running throughout my mind as well! A relief to know that other moms go through the same thing and an even bigger one to KNOW that God is here throught it all!