Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Memories of a sweet September

I was so excited to catch 3 Cubs games in September!! Shawn, Kaitlyn, and I witnessed history for my favorite Cubbie Carlos Zambrano's no-hitter on 9-14 against the Astros. Even sweeter since it was at Miller Park. That was the most exciting game I've ever seen! Kaitlyn loves to watch "her Cubs". I have never seen a 3-year-old follow the game & players so much. Plus with hot dogs and cotton candy, how can she go wrong? Kelly chose a sleepover at Aunt Jenny's house instead. Huh???

Then my brother Tommy (decked out in the Brew Crew gear, such ungratefulness for Shawn's treat on the tickets...:) caught a Brewers-Cubs game on 9-27. No photos of that one, but I really enjoyed the extra time with him. I don't think we've ever done that before and it was very nice.

My last game was the following day 9-28 for the final season game, Cubs & Brewers again. Shawn and I took the girls (Kelly was a good sport today and humored us). Katey cheered the loudest, "Let's go Cubbies, let's go!" She was so funny.

So needless to say once the humiliating series after the Dodgers was done, I was in black and mourned for a few days. Then decided to boycott the rest of the playoffs & WS. Who likes Phil. or Tampa Bay anyway? Not me. Poor Katey is learning early on in her little life what it means to be a diehard fan. There's always next year!
















1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so envious that you were there for the "no hitter"! Again, "Wait until next year!" Now it's the Bears turn.