Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Nana, saved by God's grace

Wow, what a week we have had. Our precious Nana, my mom has been in the hospital for one week today. Praise God who has given us more time with Nana and spared her life. Thank you to all who have prayed for a miracle healing for Mom. God is so good, He has answered so many prayers for Mom already.

I was thinking earlier about this time last Saturday evening, standing in the hospital emergency room with my dad, my sister, brother, and my grandmother scared out of our minds. I have never seen someone in so much pain, and since it was my dear mom my heart broke all the more.

I feel like these past 7 days have changed all of us. More gratefulness in our hearts, more awe of my parents' unending love & devotion to each other, more devotion to my siblings & grandparents. Our faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been tested... and strengthened.

An emergency, life-threatening surgery on one of the people you love most in this world has an unnerving, traumatic, reflective persuasion on your priorities. Mom has a long road to recovery ahead of her but I am so very thankful tonight that there WILL be a road to recovery.

Life is fragile. Handle with care. (and PRAYER)

No comments: