Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to all!

2008 is over and 2009 is here, wow. My older daughter commented yesterday on New Year's Eve that it felt just we just finished 2007, I couldn't agree more. Such a cliche but time flies by faster every year. 2008 brought losses, scares, disappointments, fun, laughs, growth, tears, and more.

Positive highlights I remember are great vacations including two trips to Florida & Disney World, a summer trip to Quincy to celebrate Shawn's grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, the girls' birthdays (Kelly turned 9 and Kaitlyn turned 3), my mother's amazing deliverance and healing, renewed faith from that whole experience, growing closer to my parents and siblings, loyal friendships. The list could go on and on.

Somee things that were not so pleasant and wonderful included my mom's life-threatening illness, surgery, and uncertain future, losing 2 friends and co-teachers within 9 days in November, a family tragedy re-lived. Of much lesser significance but still unpleasant was a continued struggle with weight, trying 2 new programs to lose it, and never one successful. Ahhhh...

So looking ahead today with hope, excitement, reflection, but most of all faith. Faith in my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to carry me through, to teach me to not just survive but more importantly to thrive in this new year. I am blessed beyond measure with a faithful husband, loving daughters, amazing parents, siblings, nephews, nieces, in-laws, grandparents, cousins, and friends. I have a warm home on this cold day, food in my tummy, clothes to keep me warm, books to read.

Wishing you all a most healthy, happy, faith-filled 2009! God's blessings on us all, as we draw nearer to Him.

No comments: