Total Pageviews

Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank God for long weekends...

I am thankful tonight for long weekends... both my girls have been sick the past few days (more for Kelly) which has not been fun. Both are now on antibiotics, Kelly is much better but Kate still feels yucky. It's so hard to see them feeling miserable and feel so helpless to make them better instantly.

But thankfully we had four days off from school to just stay home out of the cold, rest, and get better. On the down side, now we'll be in school until June 8th. On the up side, I will have 2 months off from school with my girls, which is much more than I'd get on any other job.

Okay, so this is just a rambling of ups and downs... also on the up side I finally got around to conquering Mt. Washmore (see Flylady website if you're curious.... AKA mountains of laundry) and even bigger, finally completed 8 lessons in my latest grad class and actually typed them!! I've been procrastinating on that little project since November. What a relief. I'm not totally done with the class yet, but more than halfway there. Ahhhh...

Another up for the weekend, I was completely refreshed after Sunday morning at church. Our pastor challenged us to go to God first, in any struggle, rejection, confusion, anything. Go to God in prayer and lay out your heart to Him. Pray for His will to be done, He can use anyone in any place for His purposes. In light of tomorrow, I have many questions and concerns about our nation. But thankfully God is the God of this nation, He is on the throne, and He has greater things to be done. Back to Sunday morning, our worship & song time was awesome. We have so many talented people at our church that lead us into worship, it was really powerful.

So... thinking about tomorrow, back to reality and work/school. Oh wow, a 4 day week, now that, I could get used to!

1 comment:

The C-H Family :-) said...

I do miss that about working in the schools- extra holidays, summers off (but still paid)- it's pretty nice! :-)